Mission Update

This is Elder Nye's Mum. I created this blog, to keep everyone up to date

with his adventures while on his mission.


Friday, April 15, 2011

Email No 54 - I felt like a Secret Agent!

Yeah I’m all good now... It was a bit intense for a bit there with the tsunami... Lol Me and Elder Van D were at a dinner and then Elder Steed called us and said that we have to get everyone in our zone and take them to Moroni High... so we left and got in the car... ‘yours truly’ was driving... And we just gunned it down the island... fun as.... Never driven so crazy in my life... I felt like a secret agent... We got to the school at the end and the car was like hot as... Haah and it smelt like it had been through a race or something lol... It was funny cz the Kiribati people believe that a tsunami can’t come to Kiribati cz they're ancestors did something to prevent it... so when we get to a Kiribati Elder or Sister’s house they're just cruising along no care in the world and me and Elder Van D are like “GEETTT IN THE DANGED CARR!! Lol funny as... And then I got told off by the Senior Sisters for speeding... and they threatened to take my keys lol !!!!!!!!

Can you please send me some new white shirts... I’m down to like 3 now... and yes I do wash them regularly so don’t freak out lol..... I just realised I have 10 months left today wow... Trunky. I could probably use a pair of pants too please…Thanks Ma....

The work is okay... Me and Van Dyken don’t really wanna be Zone Leaders still... But we know we are here for a reason and we are sticking at it… but we both just wish we could be normal missionaries and just get on with the work ... hopefully we get to go to outies afterwards :)

Mum, I love you... Please send everyone my love... Be good and I’ll pray for you and the family and all the changes coming your way.

Ill try remember to send you some photos next week... I forgot my cord this week... Sorry.

Love you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Melbourne Boys

Two Melbourne Boys
Matt and Elder Van Dyken... just loving their missions!