Mission Update

This is Elder Nye's Mum. I created this blog, to keep everyone up to date

with his adventures while on his mission.


Friday, April 15, 2011

Email No 56 - I love my mission Mum, I love the missionaries and I love the people here…

Matthew makes reference to some quotes I sent him, so I have included them in here so you know what he is talking about...

"Brethren, today we are fighting a battle that in many ways is more perilous, more fraught with danger than the battle between the Nephites and the Lamanites. Our enemy is cunning and resourceful. We fight against Lucifer, the father of all lies, the enemy of all that is good and right and holy.....


These are "perilous times." We battle literally for the souls of men. The enemy is unforgiving and relentless. He is taking eternal prisoners at an alarming rate. And he shows no sign of letting up.

.... While we are profoundly grateful for the many members of the Church who are doing great things in the battle for truth and right, I must honestly tell you it still is not enough. We need much more help. And so, as the people of Ammon looked to their sons for reinforcement in the war against the Lamanites, we look to you, my young brethren. We need you. Like Helaman's 2,000 stripling warriors, you also are the spirit sons of God, and you too can be endowed with power to build up and defend His kingdom. We need you to make sacred covenants, just as they did. We need you to be meticulously obedient and faithful, just as they were.

...What we need now is the greatest generation of missionaries in the history of the Church. We need worthy, qualified, spiritually energized missionaries...

....We don't need spiritually weak and semicommitted young men. We don't need you to just fill a position; we need your whole heart and soul. We need vibrant, thinking, passionate missionaries who know how to listen to and respond to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit. This isn't a time for spiritual weaklings. We cannot send you on a mission to be reactivated, reformed, or to receive a testimony. We just don't have time for that.

....And that is not all we expect of you, my young brethren. We expect you to have an understanding and a solid testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We expect you to work hard. We expect you to be covenant makers and covenant keepers. We expect you to be missionaries to match our glorious message.

... Now these are high standards. We understand that, but we do not apologize for them. They reflect the Lord's standards for you to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood, to enter the temple, to serve as missionaries, and to be righteous husbands and fathers. There's nothing new in them, nothing you haven't heard before. But tonight we call upon you, to rise up, to measure up, and to be fully prepared to serve the Lord."



Hey Mum,

Thanks for sending those quotes.. They’re really good... Man I can only pray I am living up to the things he asks for! I’m trying to be a better zone leader... there are times when I like it, but sometimes I just don’t wanna do it still... But I know I’ve just got to do this for a bit and then I’ll get another chance to do the best I can in a different area... a time when I can work hard and enjoy time with the people like I used to. I love my mission Mum, I love the missionaries and I love the people here… I feel bad for not wanting to be a zone leader cause I know I wouldn’t be here if the Lord didn’t say so.

We have a baptism this week!!! Should be mean as... We were supposed to have two but then a lady wasn’t ready. It’s hard to tell them they aren’t ready, but we have to if it is what the Spirit says.

love you heaps... Be good. Tell everyone I love em.
Ill keep praying for you all.

Elder Nye xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Melbourne Boys

Two Melbourne Boys
Matt and Elder Van Dyken... just loving their missions!