Mission Update

This is Elder Nye's Mum. I created this blog, to keep everyone up to date

with his adventures while on his mission.


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Mailing Address..... Email No 2

Email No 2 arrived on Monday... sorry for the delay in updating!

I have updated Matt's Mission Mailing Address in the panel on the right...

Here are some bits of interest from his email...

"I'm getting along well with Elder Alberts and he is helping me heaps with the language. LOL... I say some pretty dumb stuff sometimes.. when I was with Elder Latrik I said.. Kiribati translation to English... I know its true that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and Thomas S Monson is God... lol funny stuff."

"With the Tsunami warning they pulled us out of church and took us all to Moroni High School.. which is the churches school here and the senior couples live in the houses there... so we all went there and we had to get on the roof for a supposedly 8 ft wave... and then there was no tsunami.. it didnt even get here... but thats a good thing I guess. There has never been a tsunami that has hit Kiribati so Im pretty safe lol... "

"the plane doesnt fly often cz the pilots don't feel like it and theres only 4 of them... lol that's honestly what happens. I got a letter from Steve and Courtney in the MTC but thats all... I havent got another one. I've only got the letters from the greeny package... and thats it... I dont know when the Marshall plane will fly next but there's heaps of missionaries waiting for things... I was lucky President brought as many parcels as he could on the small plane and mine were in there... but yeah I havent gotten any letters except I've got one from Chev.

......... so that's about it for general news. I know I have written Matt about 3 letters and it sounds like he has received none of them... so hopefully the new mailing address will help.

Hope you are all well and happy!

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Melbourne Boys

Two Melbourne Boys
Matt and Elder Van Dyken... just loving their missions!